ExpressVPN Not Working with Netflix? Sometimes, even a well-reputed ExpressVPN will also struggle hard to work with Netflix. Is that’s the reason you landed on this page? This guide is absolutely for you, stick with me for the quick DIY solutions to make it work again.
It’s often that every user posts their VPN connection issues on social media. This is because of different factors affecting their VPN Connection making Netflix block the request. The most common error that users get is “You Seems to be using an unblocker or Proxy. Please Turn off any of these services” on their streaming service if your VPN didn’t work well.
Quick Fixes to Make ExpressVPN Work With Netflix Again
1. Check if ExpressVPN Unblocks that Country’s Library or Not
Before we start make sure you’re trying to unblock Netflix libraries listed on the working side of the list. Otherwise, ExpressVPN can not unblock that country Netflix library.
|United States(US)||South Korea|
|United Kingdom (UK)||South Africa|
|Netherlands||India ( sometimes)|
|Canada||And some more…|
2. Try Refreshing or Reopening
If you keep the Netflix App open and then connect to ExpressVPN this 🤦♂️won’t work. After connecting to VPN you need to clear the app from the background and reopen it.
- Android/ iOS :- Clear Netflix App from background and reopen it again
- Browser:- Refresh your Netflix tab on your browser.
3. Clear Netflix Cache
Sometimes, your Netflix App in your mobile will store your data in the cache to load the App quicker. But this will also contain your location information. So you need to clear the cache of your Netflix App in your Android/ iOS.
Here’s how you can do that quickly.
- Open Settings–>Search–>App Management
- Search Netflix App and select storage.
- Choose clear cahce option and reopen the App.
4. Switch Servers
It’s always an 💡ideal way to check the Netflix working with the different ExpressVPN servers rather than coming to conclusion. It doesn’t mean different countries, there are multiple servers in the same location to access Netflix.
If you still encounter the same proxy message from Netflix, with a little patient try connecting to a different server and refresh your Netflix page. It will work again.
5. Check your IP Address
If your ExpressVPN unable to unblock Netflix, check your IP Address once to clear your doubts. Here is the IP Checker Once you connect to a server check your IP and then open Netflix. IP (Internet Protocol) is a string of number signifies your device location like a mailing address.
Check whether Netflix is finding your real IP or server IP to ensure that ExpressVPN is properly working or not. Even after connecting to a server if it is still showing the same IP means, follow step 1. A VPN will assign you a virtual IP to access the content you want across the work through its servers.
Encrypting every piece of information for your privacy & safety while transmitting the data.
6. Change ExpressVPN Protocol
This might help you to make your VPN work again back with Netflix since the streaming service will block some VPNs based on the protocols they get. So change ExpressVPN protocol and try once. Here’s how you can change the protocol.
- Open VPN TCP
- Open VPN UDP
By default, it will select the protocols automatically. but you can change them manually.
- Click on the Hamburger option (≡) on the menu and choose options from the list.
- Click on Protocol Section and choose a protocol from them available and click ok. Then check again.
7. Upgrade to Lastest version
Getting the latest version is the best fix for all minor bugs that you face in the current version. As the VPN Provider will strive to improve the user experience with every update. Uninstall the current ExpressVPN.
- Click on Start—>Settings—>Search—>Control Panel—>Uninstall Programs
- Choose ExpressVPN From the list of programs and uninstall it.
- If your windows still list ExpressVPN even after uninstalling it, then click on your Ineternet Access on right corner.
- Click on Network & Internet Settings and choose VPN on the left.
- If there is ExpressVPN Entry then delete it. Then install it again from official site.
This 😘might help you in fixing the problem you encounter in Netflix, Once you install the VPN, connect to a server and refresh the Netflix page.
8. Flush DNS
DNS might be also a factor preventing your VPN Connection to Netflix. So, to make it work again you need to Flush your System DNS once, follow the below steps for that.
- Open Command Pormpt as Administator from the start
- Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns‘ and press Enter.
- This will display you a message “Windows IP Configuration Successfully“
ISP in some countries will save the DNS entries on your computer. So, this method effectively works on unblocking Netflix & other sites you want.
9. Configure DNS Settings (Manually)
- Open you Network Connection Settings on your PC and click on properties.
- Now configure preffered DNS as Google DNS (22.214.171.124) and alternative DNS 126.96.36.199.
If Google DNS is blocked for you then try Neustar DNS (188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206) and press ok. Also, try configuring the ExpressVPN DNS Settings once.
ExpressVPN Version 4.x & Above
- Click on the Hamburger icon (≡) icon and select advanced tab.
- Uncheck use ExpressVPN DNS server while connecting and click ok.
ExpressVPN Version 3.x & Below
- Go to option after clicking Hamburger icon (≡).
- Uncheck Only use DNS server set by the VPN option.
Note:- Your PC might not connect to ExpressVPN DNS automatically. So you need to configure it with ExpressVPN by providing the connected server IP. Once it is done flush the old DNS and try connecting again once.
10. Configure Proxy Settings (Manually)
Configuring Proxy will take few steps, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open your browser and click on the Settings icon (Tools) for Internet Explorer.
- Click on Connection Tab and LAN Settings.
- Uncheck All option displayed except Automatically Detect Settings and you are done.
A Proxy Server acts as a bridge between the internet and your computer allow you to access Netflix or any other blocked Websites on your computer. Please ensure that your browser either auto-detect or no proxy setting.
If None of the above troubleshooting methods work for you then you need to contact ExpressVPN Customer care. They can solve your issue immediately. For that, I have mentioned depending upon the platform follow it.
Procedure for Android & iOS
- Click (≡) Option button on the top & choose Help and Support
- Click on Contact Support.
- Tick the box displaying “Include details about the errors or include diagnostic file”.
Procedure for Windows & Mac
- Click (≡) Option on the top & click Help and Support
- Click on Email us or Contact Support.
- Describe your issue and finally click on send or submit button.
Try ExpressVPN Alternatives
- 5500+ Servers over 62+ Countries
- Reliable Streaming Speeds without interruptions in HD Quality
- Toughest Military-grade encryption with double VPN for better privacy
- Torrenting support with additional features of unblocking Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others
- Supports 6 simultaneous device connections
- Strict No-logs policy
- 30 Days full refund policy
NordVPN will be a great choice among Top VPNs with better performance, speeds. Special thanks to its NordLynx protocol prevent’s any interruptions while streaming in superior quality (4K). NordVPN grooms the server network with its gigantic 5500+ servers means you can present virtually less than a finger snap.
NordVPN is capable of unblocking popular streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Disney+ along Netflix. Not only UK, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan France, etc NordVPN can unblock any streaming service library.
NordVPN uses 2048 bit encryption which is a diamond nut-shell. No ISP or government or any third-party member can know what you are doing online. To benefits you furthermore NordVPN has dedicated P2P torrent servers.
While streaming Netflix with NordVPN, the kill switch will prevent getting home regional content if you drop your internet connection. Also, for any issues, they are providing 24/7 customer support through chat as well.
If you want to try this VPN consider their 30 days money-back guarantee program. You will get a full refund if you don’t like this VPN service.
2. Cyberghost VPN
- Massive Server network of 6500+ Servers
- Unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer
- Latest VPN protocols to route your traffic as normal user traffic.
- Good Server Streaming Speed
- Supports 7 simultaneous device connections.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- 45 days money-back guarantee program.
Cyberghost VPN is one of the best VPNs for personal use for streaming & torrenting. It will make sure that your identity is un-traceable on the internet with its end-to-end encryption. Its generous server network allows you to unblock all streaming services UK, US, France, Japan, and others libraries.
Cyberghost also offers dedicated servers for P2P torrenting & IP Addresses. So, all your traffic seems to be very usual for your ISP. Well compatible with all streaming platforms with the latest VPN protocols.
Speeds are mouth-full for streaming the content in 4K but you should have a good internet speed. Though this VPN is a bit expensive to buy when you compare the features & prices side by side it’s the best value for money.
Cyberghost VPN provides your 24/7 customer support and if you want to taste their VPN service once, you can start with their 45 days money-back guarantee program.
- 3200+ Servers in hotspot countries
- Easily unblocks Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer
- Optimized Servers for Torrenting
- Intutive interface with reliable performance
- Supports Unlimited simultaneous device connections.
- Zero log policy.
- 24/7 Customer Support
Some people will look for a VPN that is specially crafted for long-term usage, this is one among those VPNs offering tough encryption for better privacy. The best part is you can connect as many devices as you can.
There are no complaints like IP/DNS leaks during our tests either regarding the connection or the streaming speeds. Everything is fine. Surfshark is compatible with almost all the platforms available.
You will get 24/7 live customer support for any trouble you face while you use it for Netflix. This can also unblock streaming services likes Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and others.
Surfshark is a useful VPN at a cheaper price, if you want to just dip your toes on water try their 30-days money-back guarantee program before you start surfing.
In Fact, 🔥ExpressVPN is one of the best in the VPN Market. It’s quite common to have some new bugs arising with new updates. But they will be solved with new patches. Try to describe your issue clearly with the customer support team to get it cleared quickly.
If you are really fed with ExpressVPN Service and want to move to another claim your full refund before you go.
FAQs Related to Netflix Not Working
Netflix UK Not Working with ExpressVPN?
Netflix Not Working with ExpressVPN Android?
Sometimes, ExpressVPN will not work properly if your time zone setting is not configured properly. Fix the time zone properly on your android device and then try again.
Netflix Not Working With ExpressVPN iOS?
Make sure that your GPS is turned off on your iOS device. All the settings which conflict with each other like time zone & region etc. Then try once again it will get connected.
Netflix Blocked ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN Netflix Streaming Speed is Slow?
ExpressVPN will connect to the fastest server to unblock Netflix. Only 4% will be dropped due to encryption you won’t feel that. It should be your ISP throttling your speed. Check your internet speed once.
Can I Use Free VPN For Netflix?
There is no sense in using it. As they can’t unblock the Netflix Streaming service and will store your data to earn profits. They limit your bandwidth leads to poor streaming quality.